“Moloa’a Bay” is a location on the northeast side of the Island of Kauai in Hawaii. It is most commonly known as the first filming location for the hit show, Gilligan’s Island. This is the beach where Gilligan’s ship was shipwrecked in the first few episodes. The technique used to capture this image is a panoramic composed of over 30 images that were stitched together to achieve a high-resolution image with great detail. The vibrant colours in the sand and water are a result of the bright sun over the bay that acts as a spotlight and reflects off of the sand crystals.
About the Author: Matthew Schonewille
Matthew is the driving force behind the content here at Eagleye Photography and is passionate about sharing his knowledge with others. He is a full-time professional photographer and educator with his B.Ed and Master Degree. He has as a driving passion for quality education and helping the photography community develop sustainability through entrepreneurship.
I am extremely driven as an artist to help other artists learn how to be successful and sustainable with producing their work because I have experienced first hand how important it is to understand the business side of what we do. Too many artists consider themselves "starving artists" and that is a sad reality I am looking to change.
Stay In The Loop
- Double Exposure – Canada’s 150th Anniversary April 25, 2017
- Cities at Night Kickstarter Campaign April 25, 2017
- Prince of Wales Hotel Beauty April 25, 2017
- A Passion for the Milky Way March 14, 2017
- Moloa’a Bay March 12, 2017
- The Queens Bath March 12, 2017
- Hawaiian Sunrise – How I did it. March 12, 2017
- Steve and Chelsey Wedding Overview – Ancaster October 18, 2016
- Michelle and Dylan – Engagement Shoot Niagara October 10, 2016
- Jesse and Jessica Wedding Overview – Niagara Wedding October 09, 2016
- Julia and Jose Wedding Overview – Oakville Wedding September 28, 2016
- Caitlin and Michael Wedding Overview – Oakville Wedding September 16, 2016
- Amber and Brian Wedding Overview – Hamilton Wedding September 16, 2016
- Sarah and Luke Wedding Overview – Hamilton Wedding August 10, 2016
- Jonathan and Bridget Wedding Overview- Niagara Wedding July 26, 2016
- Jose and Julia Engagement/Family Shoot July 19, 2016
- Chelsea and Mark Engagement – Ancaster July 19, 2016